Fayette County
Environmental Health
Fayette County Home Page                                                             Planning and Development

Catherine Miller

Debbie Dietzenbach
Administrative Assistant

Office Hours: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Monday through Friday
Holiday Closings

Due to on site inspections and
evaluations, the office may not always be
staffed during these hours.  You may
want to call ahead of your visit.    

Fayette County Environmental Health
PO. Box 269
West Union, IA   52175

Phone:(563) 422-3767
Fax:  (563) 422-9201

The Environmental Health Office is
located on the first floor of the
courthouse, down the hall from the
Assessor's Office.
This office provides the following services:
Radon Tests

Fayette County residents are encouraged to test their home every two years
for radon.  Radon test kits are available from our office at a cost of $10.00 per
Click here for a test kit application form.  
Water Sampling

Fayette County residents are entitled to get their private well water tested at a
cost of $8.00 per test.  Test will check for Coliform Bacteria, E-Coli Bacteria,
and Nitrates.  
Click here for a water test application form.
Private Well Permits

All new wells in Fayette County must have a permit.  Contact our office to
request a permit application.
On Site Wastewater Treatment & Dispersal

All new on site wastewater treatment and dispersal systems must have a
permit.  Contact our office for a permit application.
Private Well Abandonment

Cost share to plug abandoned well may be available from the county.  Contact
our office for more information.
Private Well Rehabilitation

Cost share to renovate and or rehabilitate private drinking water wells may be
available from the county.  Contact our office for more information.

General Environmental Health

Including Public Nuisances - Public Health Hazards - Dangerous Buildings -
Illegal Dumping

When filing a complaint regarding one of the above, it is important to have
complete and accurate information before contacting our office.  You will
need to provide the property address, property owner's and/or occupant's
name and phone number, nature and details of the complaint, and what has
been done to address the issue with the owner and/or occupant prior to
contacting to our office. You will also be required to sign a formal complaint.  
Contact our office for more information.